September 02, 2017

Marieke Pattern

See my full disclosure policy here.

I found this pattern a little while ago, and I couldn't resist buying it. It's got lots of options. You can make a dress or a romper, with different lengths for sleeves and the bottom. It's originally written in French, and there are some places where it looks like sewing terms don't translate to English very well, but I was able to figure it out with help from the pictures in the tutorial. This is my second version. I made a long sleeve with shorts version too, which you can see on Instagram.


I made this version for the Project Run and Play Inspired by Art Gallery challenge. I love Art Gallery fabric, but I didn't have enough on hand to make this romper. I chose this print because Art Gallery has lots of beautiful florals, and also, the flowers on this fabric look kind of like watercolor, so, boom, inspired by Art Gallery fabric and also, art galleries. Too much of a stretch?


I really like the ruffle down the front placket. It was not a part of my original plan, but luckily I had enough fabric to make it work.






Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

6 comments:

Bridget said...

The colorful floral fabric is so pretty, and I love the ruffle down the front! What a fun outfit. :)

Skirt Fixation said...

Oh this is so beautiful! And love how Art Gallery Fabrics inspired you!

ari said...

This is so pretty!

Terra Sews said...

Thanks Bridget!

Terra Sews said...

Thanks!

Terra Sews said...

Thank you !

Ads Inside Post