April 25, 2017

Sewing for Me

See my full disclosure policy here.

I've been doing some sewing for me. This first one is my favorite. I used the Shoreline Boatneck top as a base, but then hacked it to make the gathered bottom with a high-low waistline.




I used a free version that was available before the pattern was released, but now you have to buy it. There are lots more sizes and options available in the paid version.


This is also the shoreline boatneck, just the original version to see how it fit me.


This is the summer concert tee pattern from Indie Sew. I received it for free as part of a bundle I was helping promote, but never sewed it up until now. I changed the sleeves from hemmed cuffs to folded over (and therefore narrower) cuffs, and lengthened it. It was a fast sew and it's super comfy. 


This is a top that I made a long time ago and shared on Instagram, but I never got around to blogging about. I was given the fabric and the pattern when I won them in a contest. The fabric is french terry from Raspberry Creek Fabrics and the pattern is the women's version of the Elevation Hoodie from New Horizons. I wore this a lot during the cooler weather.


This is one of my favorite dresses. It's McCalls 7407. I made it with some heavier knit fabric that I got from Fabric Mart for a steal. The scarf is just some leftover knit I had that I sewed into an infinity scarf.

The dress pattern is supposed to be fitted through the bust, and then flowy the rest of the way down. It was a little less fitted than I thought it would be, and although I made the size for my measurements, I think I may go down a size the next time I make it.





Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

No comments:

Ads Inside Post