April 12, 2017

Peg Dolls for Church

See my full disclosure policy here.

I really love making peg dolls, and when I was looking for something to make to keep my kids quiet in church, I came up with the idea to make some scripture inspired ones. The peg dolls are based on artwork, although some of them I was more creative with than others.



These are the Bible peg dolls. From left to right: Daniel, Ruth, Moses (you can see him holding the ten commandments), Esther, and Daniel (he's holding a sling and he's got a shoulder bag to hold the stones).


These are Book of Mormon peg dolls.
From left to right: Samuel (he's got a red cape, like in the picture of him standing on the wall), King Lamoni, King Lamoni's wife, Ammon (he's got a sword) and Nephi (holding the brass plates).

There are lots more that you could do, but I decided to stop at 10 for now. I always finish them with Deco Art's triple thick glaze. A word of warning: don't be tempted to brush off the excess on the side of the jar. You'll glue the lid to the jar and it is incredibly difficult to get the lid off afterward.


I also made some zipper pouches to hold the peg dolls (and other miscellaneous church necessities). The felt tic tac toe game I found in the $1 Easter section at Wal-Mart, but I knew that those bunnies and carrots would get lost if I didn't have somewhere to keep them. They'll still probably get lost, but hopefully not as fast.



Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

1 comment:

Michele Hedin said...

This is certainly a clever idea for quiet play.

Ads Inside Post