February 02, 2017

Spring Outfit

See my full disclosure policy here.

I'm doing some sewing for spring, and I've been posting a few flat lays on Instagram, but I wanted to photograph this outfit on her.



I made the raglan with some of the French terry I won from Raspberry Creek Fabric. I used the Recess Raglan pattern from See Kate Sew, but I gave it a high low hemline and added a waistband. Instead of sewing on the sleeve cuff, I just rolled the sleeves up a couple of times and sewed them in place.


The collared shirt is the Josephine pattern from Violette Field Threads. I made that sleeveless, but otherwise kept it the same. If you want to see pictures of the shirt by itself, it's on my Instagram feed. I felt like the collar was a little on the wide side, but otherwise I like how it turned out, especially now that I have a serger to finish the seams.


The skirt is the Swing Skirt pattern from Elegance and Elephants that I was given when I tested it. It's a quick, fun sew. And the headband is one I put together last night to coordinate.







Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

1 comment:

Deborah Devine said...

The colors you used certainly promise that spring is coming. It's been so grey and cloudy here in Chicago for WEEKS it seems. Therefore, I really enjoyed viewing your spring outfit.
Deborah @ Sew Much to Give

Ads Inside Post