October 24, 2016

Easy Girl Halloween Costumes-Mermaid, Witch and Unicorn

See my full disclosure policy here.

This year for Halloween, I wanted simple, not too expensive costumes. I used some purchased items, and some handmade items, and some supplies I already had to create these costumes.



This is a mermaid, which I hope is apparent! I couldn't track down the original image source, but here's where I pinned it.


I just kind of guessed on the skirt, using a pair of leggings as a guide. The shirt is a purchased t-shirt from Walmart, which you can get for under $5. The sea shells are just sewn to the shirt. I used some scraps I had left over from a prize I won playing New Horizons Patterns Bingo. The dolphin we already had.

Also, tulle picks up everything!!! Make sure the tulle doesn't touch the ground, unless you want it to get disgustingly filthy.


Here's my daughter's witch costume. To get this picture, I had her jump, then I edited out the background and added this free one.


The hat was $5 from Walmart, the tights were about $4 from Walmart, and the dress was a black cotton lycra knit made into a skater type dress using a Simplicity pattern (the same one I used for last year's evil queen costume.)


We borrowed the broom from our neighbor, so I don't have a source on that, sorry!

The unicorn costume was the easiest one of all of them. I made the unicorn horn using this tutorial, and the flowers were made using tutorials for felt flowers from Something Turquiose and Craftiness is Not Optional.


Then she just will wear it with another white tee from Wal-mart and a pettiskirt that all of my girls have now worn.

I used an adult sized headband, and all that unicorn and flowerness on it makes it rather heavy, so she only wore it for about five minutes. But it also fits my head, so....






Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

1 comment:

Michele Hedin said...

They all look so cute!

Ads Inside Post