June 20, 2016

4th of July Ribbon Wands

See my full disclosure policy here.

Project supplies were provided free by The Ribbon Retreat.

This was a post last year for The Ribbon Retreat, but I didn't get to post it in time for the Fourth of July, so here it is for this year. We saved these ribbon wands and I'm planning on using them again. This is a project that would be fun for older children to help with.


They would be perfect for waving during a parade or while watching fireworks! We go to a 4th of July parade with my husband's family, and I've seen wands for sale, but they aren't patriotic like this and they are kind of expensive when you buy them at the parade.




I made one for each of my children. The supplies below are plenty for four wands-you could probably get a few more wands if you used less ribbon (or make more korker-that was the one I ran out of first).



You will need:

1/4 wooden dowels
Glitter Ribbon
Pom Pom Fringe
Metallic Ribbon
Grosgrain Ribbon
Felt
Craft Paint (optional)

Use the dowels and the grosgrain ribbon to make korker ribbon, and you're ready to go!


Cut your felt into stars. You'll need two stars for each wand. I cut two out at a time, so each pair would be exactly the same.

I used craft paint to paint my dowels gold. I used the same dowels that I used to make the korker ribbon.


Grab your korker ribbon and cut it into the desired length. I cut mine about 3/4 the length of the dowel.


Cut your other ribbons to about the same length. 


Glue each ribbon around the top of the dowel. 


Glue one star on the back, then the other on the top, sandwiching the tops of the ribbons and dowel in between.


There you go! A fun ribbon wand all ready for the 4th of July.





Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

No comments:

Ads Inside Post