January 11, 2016

Baptism Dress with Lace Overlay

See my full disclosure policy here.

I made my daughter this white lace dress. I was inspired by a Joyfolie dress that had a high low hem and what looked like a chiffon underskirt. I used Simplicity 1334 and lengthened the peplum skirt to a dress length. I also altered the hem to make it a high-low hem. It ended up a little more subtle than I had planned, but after a whole bunch of pattern pieces and test sews, I was running out of time to get it done. My daughter loves it though, so that's what's important!







I ordered some pretty fabric for the underlay, but when it came, it had what looked like lipstick stains and it was gray rather than the white in the description. I used some glittery tulle as a last minute substitute. It worked, but in order to make it less scratchy, I enclosed the inside seam with bias tape.


She was a good sport to let me take these. It was super cold!




Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

No comments:

Ads Inside Post