November 12, 2015

Stash Buster Flannel Pajamas

See my full disclosure policy here.

Perfect Peasant Dress was free for helping test. The rest of the patterns were purchased.

I bought a whole bunch of flannel on Black Friday at JoAnn's two years ago, and there is still some of it sitting in my stash. I way over bought, a mistake I will not make again (I hope!). They have some pretty cute prints, but there is a reason it goes on sale for $1.99 a yard on Black Friday. By the end of winter, after washing, most of it ends up looking pretty dingy. Although that could be due in part to the fact that I never iron pajamas. Please tell me that no one else irons pajamas.


So I turned this kitty flannel in to some Sweet Dreams PJs for my baby, and some Sweet Dreams PJ bottoms and made an Alex and Anna Winter PJ top in some coordinating knit.


For my oldest daughter, I made her a nightgown. I didn't have an actual nightgown pattern, but I used the Perfect Peasant Dress pattern and tweaked it to make a nightgown. I gathered the sleeves loosely with 1/8 inch elastic and added a wide ruffle at the bottom.


I also sewed on a ribbon bow so she would know which side was the front. Note: I really think this would be a horrible idea for a younger girl. Also, these PJs aren't treated with that flame resistant whatever it is that PJs sold in stores are. I'm okay with that, because I personally feel like if they're close enough to a fire that their PJs are in danger of burning, how much good is flame retardant fabric really going to do? You'll have to make your own decision.



Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

1 comment:

Majella Vandeputte said...

Nice, cool pyjamas

Ads Inside Post