November 27, 2015

A New Christmas Tradition

See my full disclosure policy here.



This year I thought it would be fun to start a new Christmas tradition. I saw this somewhere last year, but I didn't get to it in time to start it then. The idea is to get a Christmas book for each day in December leading up to Christmas and then open one each night and read it out loud together.



I went through all of our Christmas books, and even with the stretch of using some that are more winter themed than Christmas themed (like Katy and the Big Snow, or Ezra Jack Keats' The Snowy Day), I still only had 14 books to wrap.


So I went to Amazon. I looked for some of my kids' favorite characters to see if they had Christmas books, and sure enough, most of them did. One of my girls really loves Froggy. I think too much. I think this because when I was pregnant and sick all the time, she kept wanting to read Froggy Eats Out. Trust me, reading about burgers and flies is not the best thing to do when the thought of any food is nauseating. Anyway, back to Christmas books...


I grabbed some wrapping paper from Wal-Mart. These were less than a dollar a roll, and I had plenty to wrap my books with. There is even some left over for the rest of our gifts.


I grabbed some bows, because I wanted to make sure we read a book that tells the nativity story on Christmas Eve. The ones with the nativity story have a bow. Trust me, after wrapping 24 books, all the packages start to look the same. I knew there was no way I'd remember without help.



And here they are. All ready for December 1!


Book List:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
Pinkalicious Merry Pinkmas by Victoria Kahn
Christmas Sticker Book
Christmas Pop-Up by DK Books
The First Christmas Lift-a-Flap
Froggy's Best Christmas by Jonathan London
The Nutcracker Retelling
The Little Engine that Could and The Snowy Blowy Christmas
Christmas Tree Farm by Mary Lyn Ray
Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish
The Berenstein Bears The Very First Christmas by Mike and Jan Berenstein
The Little Christmas Elf by Nikki Shannon Smith
The Christmas Story by Jane Werner Watson
The Christmas ABC by Florence Johnson
Katy and The Big Snow by Virginia Lee Burton
The Night Before Christmas Retelling
The Snowman by Raymond Briggs
Snowmen at Christmas and Snowmen at Work by Caralyn Buehner
Can You See What I See? Christmas

Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

No comments:

Ads Inside Post