October 12, 2015

Vintage Style Baby Dress

See my full disclosure policy here.

I have this gold polka dot fabric that I've been wanting to use to make something with a peter pan collar. I decided to use Simplicity 2392 to make a dress with it. I also used a print from Brambleberry Ridge for the skirt of the dress. I finished it just in time for her to wear to my cousin's wedding.






I love the scalloped yoke. This is one of those patterns that require careful cutting and sewing, but yield such a pretty result when you're done.


I love this collar. It just makes the vintage style on this baby dress, but with the metallic gold of the fabric, it's modern too.


I was going to size down because the last Simplicity pattern I made for my baby was way oversized, but I compared the finished measurements of this dress to the other one and this one was actually a lot smaller (as in, three inches shorter for one thing) than the other, even though the size chart was the same. It ended up fitting much better, with a little room to grow, so I'm glad I didn't size down.



Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Oh WOW! SEW pretty, I just adore that look & your fabric choices do make it look a bit more modern. Very well done, of course!

Ads Inside Post