October 07, 2015

Tinny Dress Hack

See my full disclosure policy here.

I love sewing little dresses for my baby. She looks so cute in them, and also, they don't take a whole lot of fabric. 


This is a Tinny Dress that I hacked to get what I wanted. I added the flutter sleeves and changed the bodice to be curved and give the dress a little bit of a high-low hem.



I also threw on some piping on the spur of the moment. I like how it makes more of a contrast between the bodice and the skirt of the dress, even though they're made from the same fabric. I love the little deer front and center!


The invisible zipper went in nicely. I had a brownish tannish colored zipper that I decided could pass for gold. Otherwise, I don't think I'd ever have used it.


I used the same fabric for the ruffle at the bottom as a lining.





Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

1 comment:

Charity said...

That is DARLING! I love the changes you made!

Ads Inside Post