September 21, 2015

Fall Sewing

See my full disclosure policy here.

Leggings pattern might have been free? I don't remember which pattern I used.

It's fall, the time when I go through my children's drawers to clear out their summer clothes, and in the process, realize they really don't have that much for fall and winter. Good thing I sew.



You've probably seen versions of this one around. It's the Bimaa sweater. I used a different fabric for the neck, and I love how it looks like a little scarf.


These are some leggings, because if you have the right fabric, it's easier to just whip up a pair than to go shopping for a pair.


This is a hack of the Recess Raglan from See Kate Sew. I added folded cuffs to the sleeves and curved the hem slightly so that it would be a high low hem.


I made her ready to wear size rather than her size from the measurements so that it would fit loosely, but the sleeves ended up a little looser than I would have liked. But it works for a shirt that works great for fall. Cozy, but not too hot for when the afternoons warm up.



Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I LOVE that Bimaa w/ the "scarf" look! My GranD is living in Montana & could probably use some of these this fall/winter! I better get busy. Thanks for this inspiration!!

Paisley Roots said...

ADORE that bimaa! And I love your hack for the recess raglan!

Ads Inside Post