July 15, 2015

How to Be a Good Mom, or I Made Sugar Cookies

See my full disclosure policy here.


Have you seen the quote that goes something like "Good Moms have sticky floors, messy rooms, and happy children"? That's the quote that kept running through my mind as I made these sugar cookies. By the time I was done, my kitchen floor was super sticky from all the powdered sugar, my counters and cabinets looked like they had just been through and explosion in a frosting factory, and when they woke up the next day, my children were really happy to see a lot of frosted sugar cookies.




I've been wanting to try my hand at flooding cookies with royal icing for awhile, and so this is my first attempt. If you want to try the same thing, try watching you tube videos on flooding with royal icing. I also watched one about wet on wet technique.


I got some of my supplies at Hobby Lobby (like the icing tips and the bags-use a coupon!), and the couplers at Wal-Mart. I didn't get the bag ties, but that might be a good idea. The frosting has to be pretty runny for this to work, and a lot of it ran right out the back of the frosting bag. I've seen bottles instead of bags, and I'm thinking that is a genius idea for these. 


And these are the ones where I ran out of steam. They still taste the same though!




Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

They look too pretty to eat!

Rachel R said...

Oh my! Growing up, every Christmas my Grandma would make these "secret" recipe cookies that we would frost as a family all in one night. These remind me of those! Fantastic job!

Ads Inside Post