July 17, 2015

How to Add Lace Trim to Shorts

See my full disclosure policy here.


This is a quick project that makes a plain pair of shorts a little prettier. I found these on clearance last year for $1, so naturally I grabbed a pair in every color. These navy ones were a little boring, but I had some border lace that I used to dress them up in a hurry.



You'll need a pair of shorts, some border lace and your machine or even a needle and thread.


Measure enough lace to fit around the hem of the shorts and stitch into a loop with right sides together.



Position the lace where you want it and stitch along the border of the lace with a zig zag stitch. You may need to adjust the width of your stitch to make sure it remains within the border.


Repeat for the other side and that's it!




Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

4 comments:

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

How CUTE are those shorts! Thanks for the tutorial! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Trayne1837 said...

I am thinking that maybe adding a bit of material, that you could add a cuff to the pant leg and maybe make them a bit longer too.

Winkinblinkin knodd said...

This was of great help to me. I'm making a long robe and am adding the lace around the sleeves and hem. Thanks for your help

Winkinblinkin knodd said...

This was great for my needs. Making a long robe and adding lace to sleeves and hem. Many thanks

Ads Inside Post