July 24, 2015

Diamond Teething Ring


See my full disclosure policy here.



Have you seen the new Diamond Teething Ring pattern from The Crafty Cupboard? I saw it on instagram, and as soon as I did, I knew I wanted to buy it. I've been wanting to make a teething ring with some wooden rings, and this is such a cute take on it.



I purchased some organic wooden rings on etsy. I wanted to seal them, but I didn't want to use anything that would go rancid over time, like olive oil. I also wanted to be sure that it would be safe for my baby, because obviously this is going to spend a lot of time in her mouth. I came up with the idea to use the Lansinoh lanolin that they make for breastfeeding. They say you don't have to wash it off before nursing, and I've used it for all my babies, and so far, so good. So I just rubbed some of that into the wood. The darker ring is the sealed one.


I used some Michael Miller Glitz fabric. Because glitz+diamond=perfect. This is a great project for using up scraps. I used scraps left over from this tunic and this dress.




Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

1 comment:

Rachel R said...

These are so cute! Very fun idea.

Ads Inside Post