June 30, 2015

Sewing for the 4th of July

See my full disclosure policy here.

Adelaide Vintage Romper was free in exchange for a previous review.

I've been sewing for the 4th of July (I posted a tutorial for this strappy sundress the other day). I also made some things for my two other girls to wear. My son just got a plaid button up shirt that I bought because I ran out of steam. And it was on sale. Anyway, back to the sewing.


This is the Adelaide Vintage Romper from Peek-a-Boo pattern shop, and can I just say I really love how it turned out?



I was just going to use the red piping, but I had some white left over from another project, and I decided to add that in too.


The back is shirred, which will make it easy to get on and off (I hope anyway-I skipped the snaps!).


I also made Raelynn's triple ruffle bow shorts. I went with a larger size for the length, and they are super full. I think they look almost like a skirt, which is fine. I changed a few things about the pattern because I don't have a serger, but I think they turned out pretty cute anyway.


And that's my sewing for the 4th of July.




Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

2 comments:

Rachel R said...

Once again you triumph an adorable outfit! I love that you made it your own and I was wondering, do you have a tutorial for shirring? It seems intimidating!

craftymommajess said...

LOVE! So sweet ❤

Ads Inside Post