June 05, 2015

Easy Charm Pack Quilt

See my full disclosure policy here.

Wanna make an easy quilt? I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to quilting, but this easy charm pack quilt is something anyone can tackle.


There are a couple of things that come in handy when sewing a quilt. The larger foot is a walking foot, and it helps all those layers of fabric feed through your machine better. It's also nice for sewing knits. The bottom foot came with my machine. I'm not sure the correct name for it, but it is 1/4 inch from the little hole the needle goes through to the edge of the foot, which makes it really handy for lining up the 1/4 inch seam allowances for quilting.


I didn't have a pattern for this quilt. I had a Riley Blake charm pack I received as a thank you gift and a desire to make something out of it. So I just used that foot above, and started piecing those squares together. I cut a few extra squares out of other fabrics so that it would be a little bigger. Then I just used some white to edge it and cut a piece of fabric to fit for the backing. I also had some bias tape I made a long time ago that I used to finish the edges.


And the back is cute too!



Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

1 comment:

Charity said...

That turned out cute! I really like the binding.
For my machine, the foot like that is just called the 1/4" foot. =)

Ads Inside Post