May 04, 2015

Wooden Peg Dolls-Mermaid Version

See my full disclosure policy here.

The peg doll family I made is still a favorite toy around here. I also made a princess collection. That princess collection was the inspiration behind this mermaid version. The one on the end may look familiar, but the rest of them aren't based on any specific mermaid. Basically, I was just going for as many colors as I could. 


I have some Martha Stewart pearlized and metalic paints, so the little dolls got some accessories too. This one has a cute little silver headband.



And this one has a little starfish in her hair.


I'm afraid I will completely mess up faces if I try to do those, so they just get little black dots for eyes.


And I also made a little zipper pouch to store them in so they don't get lost. Check back tomorrow for the tutorial for that.


Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

3 comments:

Liza said...

Love these too! Just a questions they look shiny - what do you use to clear coat them?

Kerry said...

In honor of May 4th a star wars collection would be fun! These are cute and
I bet the girls love them.

Terra Sews said...

I coat them with something I got on amazon-it's called Americana Triple Thick Brilliant Brush-on Glaze. I think you can also find it at Hobby Lobby, but I'm not sure about that.

Ads Inside Post