May 15, 2015

The Secret Garden Dress

See my full disclosure policy here.


I've been on a buying hiatus, and here is another one of the patterns I've been meaning to sew up since I purchased it. It's the Secret Garden Dress. I got it because I loved the bow at the back. It's so feminine and sweet that I decided to use this vintage looking floral fabric to sew it up with.


The original pattern has a really deep V at the back, but I replaced that with an invisible zipper so that the dress would have more coverage in the back.


The instructions were great, although I did have a little bit of trouble understanding how to do the bow. It took a little fiddling to get it how I wanted it. Make sure you have your iron handy!


Check out some of my other stash projects here, here, and here.


Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

4 comments:

Charity said...

That is really pretty!
I love that you swapped the V out for an invisible zipper. I was thinking I'd raise the V for my next version but I didn't think of just getting rid of it!
That fabric is really pretty too.

Krista said...

That is really beautiful!

Terra Sews said...

Thanks Charity! I went with the zipper, because I was worried that it wouldn't fit over her head if I just raised the V.

Terra Sews said...

Thanks Krista!

Ads Inside Post