April 28, 2015

Sewing for Kid's Clothes Week

See my full disclosure policy here.

Tee Times Three pattern was free for a previous review.


I love following along with Kids Clothes Week, and seeing all the lovely pieces of clothing people make for their kids, but I hardly ever end up sewing along. This time, I actually did, but it took me until this week to get the things I made actually photographed and up on the blog.


 The theme this time was Wild Things. I saw so many cute animal prints, but I didn't have one that was seasonally appropriate (I have an adorable deer print from the Brambleberry Ridge line, but that seems more like fall/winter to me), so I kind of stretched the theme a little. Flowers are wild too right? And this girl definitely can be. I mean, look at some of these pictures.


Like I mentioned in my last post, I'm working on sewing through my stash. I'm trying to cut the amount of fabric in my stash in half before I buy anything else. One of the reasons for doing that is because my fabric is currently stored in boxes. We moved and left a lot of stuff behind that wouldn't fit in our moving van, so that's the only place I have to store it for now. Another reason is I find myself buying fabric, and then when I finally use it, I don't always love it because it's been around so long. Anyway, if you want to join me, I'm using the #sewingthroughmystash on instagram.


For this outfit, I used a couple of patterns I already have (yep, trying not to buy those either). The shirt is the Tee Times Three from Blank Slate Patterns, and the skirt is the Molly School Girl Skirt from Peek-a-Boo patterns. I've already sewn the tee times three, This was the first time sewing the school girl skirt. I didn't make any adjustments, but I did find it to run a little wide and the suspenders were long, so keep that in mind if you make it. Also, I'm still trying to master the art of peter pan collars. Someday.



Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

No comments:

Ads Inside Post