April 13, 2015

A Fawn Lily Tunic for My Baby

See my full disclosure policy here.

If you follow me on Instagram (@mamasayssewblog), you might have seen pictures of this tunic already. It's the Fawn Lily from Willow and Company patterns. I've loved the look of this pattern since I first saw it last year, and I love the instructions now that I've sewn it up. It is one of my favorite PDF patterns now.


I made the pleated button down version. I added some piping too, but since I just had a scrap left, I didn't have any for the back. But I still think the back is pretty. I really love the fabric print. I kind of wish I had more than a yard of it.


The pattern and instructions are really well done. Everything lines up really well, and I can tell the designer put a lot of effort into creating the pattern pieces.


I don't have a serger, so I really love when pattern instructions show you how to get a nice clean finish on the inside using only your sewing machine.


I made some ruffled leggings to go with it. I'm excited for my baby to grow into this outfit, although I think it is going to be used only for special occasions.


I also made a bow and some little moccasins to complete the outfit. The bow is made from the same knit fabric as the pants, and I made the moccasins with a free pattern that I adapted. I'm planning on tweaking it a little and sharing what I did if there's any interest. The tutorial for the big fabric bow will be up later this week, so check back!



Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

8 comments:

Rebecca Holmes said...

beautiful! I love the fabric too. You did. Great job! Did you know you can enter this to wina spot in STYLO magazine? The contest is on the UpCraft site.

Charity said...

I love that pattern! I've only made one, but I have plans for at least three more. The fabrics and buttons you used are darling together!

Terra Sews said...

Thanks Rebecca and Charity!

Majella Vandeputte said...

I love this fabric!
It is a very pretty dress!!!

liliana said...

molto carino complimenti un bacio lili

Naomi Bruette said...

Goodness! This is fabulous and I love the whole combination. I love how the dress has that vintage feel but yet is completely modern.

Oh and your fabric combinations are gorgeous! (I'm just a little obsessed with this aqua color!)

Pinning this for future reference!

Terra Sews said...

Thanks for the nice comment and for pinning!

Bethany said...

I wanted to let you know that I was hoping someone showed the how the inside finishing of this pattern is done - so I googled "fawn lily tunic inside" and found your beautiful post! Thank you. It really is a lovely outfit, and much like the one I have planned (with leggings and a bow). Those boots are really cute and I'll have to look around and see if you did a post on those, too!

Ads Inside Post