March 10, 2015

Forget Me Knot Top

See my full disclosure policy here.

Over at Project Run and Play, the pattern of the month is the free Knot Dress pattern from Me Sew Crazy. I've actually had this dress for awhile; I got it as part of a bundle, but I never sewed it. 



I went by the size chart, and ended up making a size several sizes smaller than her ready-to-wear size. I wanted it to be a top length, so I didn't adjust the length at all, and this is what I ended up with. It's still a bit roomy, but there's no gape, and it leaves room to grow.


I only added the knots at the shoulders, so I changed the back to a button down back. Since I wanted the ties to stay tied permanently, I also had to break into the skirt, so I added a placket there.


I paired it with some Daphne Knickers from Violet Field Threads. I love the look of this pattern, but it was kind of a pain to make the thin ruffles on a bottom weight fabric. Also, there is no difference in the rise in the front and the back of the knickers. They're pretty roomy, but next time I make them, I will add some rise in the back.


She's ready for summer in her new outfit! It was a beautiful day today, although we had snow last week. Weather is crazy this time of year.


26 comments:

Deborah Devine said...

Placket in back below the waistline.... yes, that's the answer to how to change that back gap. Beautiful fabric used for the top, and I like the wide white border at the bottom of the skirt. Overall I'd say that your design has wow factor!
Deborah @ Sew Much To Give

Sabrina said...

I love every thing about it- your fabric choices, the buttons in the back, turning it into a tunic. Brilliant.

Beca said...

It's adorable! Better than anything you could buy in a boutique. Well done!
xx Beca

Mindy said...

Lovely fabric, and the buttons are such a nice touch! Goes great with the cute pants too. Good job!

Krista said...

Such an adorable outfit! I love the floral fabric and the trousers are so cute too!

Olga Becker @ Kid Approved said...

Such pretty fabric! She looks adorable!

Jordan said...

Totally gorgeous! I adore the fabric choices. And those pants? I may have to get the pattern.

Ann - Lieveke en zus said...

Nice! I really love summer outfits this time of year :-) (love the blue by the way)

Kate@sewclosetomyheart.com said...

That's so adorable! I too love your fabric choices and turning it into a tunic!

Kassandra Sullivan said...

Beautiful Fabric!

Skirt Fixation said...

What an absolute doll! That fabric is swoon worthy; you did a great job!

Annie said...

I love this blue floral fabric! Looks so pretty as a top and paired with the pants.

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

EEK!!! SO CUTE!!!

Terra Sews said...

Thanks so much Deborah!

Terra Sews said...

Thank you!

Terra Sews said...

What a nice compliment.Thanks!

Terra Sews said...

Thank you!

Terra Sews said...

Thank you !

Terra Sews said...

Thanks so much!

Terra Sews said...

Thanks! I'd been eyeing the pattern for awhile and finally got it during a black Friday sale.

Terra Sews said...

I love summer outfits too! Now we just need the weather to cooperate so she can wear them more.

Terra Sews said...

Thank you!

Terra Sews said...

Thanks!

Terra Sews said...

Thank you!

Terra Sews said...

Thank you!

Terra Sews said...

Thanks!

Ads Inside Post