March 17, 2015

Easter Skirt from Mack and Lily

See my full disclosure policy here.

Disclosure: I was provided this pattern for free in exchange for my review. I received no other compensation. All opinions are my own.


Guys. This is such a cute pattern. It's not really the type of thing I normally sew, but I'm so glad I gave it a try. It's a basic skirt with a ruffle around the bottom, but what sets it apart is the applique. And the basket that doubles as a pocket. And the cute little plush bunny that fits in the pocket.



I sewed it up for my preschooler, because I knew she would love it. What I didn't know is that my older daughter would be jealous and want one too. It's a simple sew, and there are directions and pattern pieces for each of the applique pieces, but it does take a long time to cut out all those little pieces, fuse them to the skirt, and then sew them on. I just used a straight stitch, so the edges will fray when the skirt is washed, but that is so much faster than a satin stitch. And also, I think the fraying will add some character, especially to pieces like the grass.



She loved the bunny that came with it. She told me it was a baby, and that it's name is Baby Butterfly Bunny. 




If you want this pattern, which would make a great Easter basket filler, you can get it here.



4 comments:

Krista said...

That really is a cute skirt!

Kerry said...

Oh my goodness! That is perfect for easter

Terra Sews said...

Thanks! It was a lot of work, but I was happy with how it turned out.

Terra Sews said...

Thanks!

Ads Inside Post