January 24, 2015

Sewing for an 18 inch Doll

See my full disclosure policy here.

The Endless dress was free for helping test.

My daughter got an 18 inch doll. It's a Target knock-off rather than the American Girl kind, because I'm sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to pay over $100 for a doll. But anyway, I've done a little sewing for it.


One of her favorite toys is the hobby horse I made for her last year. So when I saw the free doll version from Ellie Inspired, I knew I had to make one for her doll too.
I changed a few things-I glued the ears on in addition to sewing them, and sewed the bottom shut instead of tying it with a ribbon. I also added a little ribbon halter. And I painted the dowel, like I did with the ones I made for my girls.


And it was a good choice. The day after I gave her the horse, I found her running through the house with her hobby horse in one hand, and her doll and doll's hobby horse in the other.


I also made a dress for her doll, using the Endless Dress pattern from Jocole. My daughter loves it. The doll wears this dress more than the one she came in.


To speed it up, I used snaps instead of buttons on the back of the dress. This also makes it easier for my daughter to dress her doll, so it's a win-win.

No comments:

Ads Inside Post