January 03, 2015

Elke Dress from My Childhood Treasures

See my full disclosure policy here.

I made four Elke Dresses for my older girls for Christmas. This one is my favorite. I love the fabric.




This pattern runs a little wide and short for my long and skinny girls. For my younger daughter, I made the 3T with the 8 length, and for the older, the 4T with a 10 length. The size chart seems pretty accurate as far as fit goes, but my girls' chest measurements weren't in the size I expected them to be, so make sure you pay attention to it.
The fabric is from JoAnn's. I grabbed a bunch of the anti-pill fleece when it was on sale for 70% off.



This is a pretty great pattern. It was perfect for my preschooler. She loves dresses, but they aren't really great for winter. Enter the Elke Dress. Made with fleece or sweatshirt fleece, and paired with tights and boots, it makes a cozy winter outfit.


This pattern is a really quick sew. The instructions are great and easy to follow, but the line drawing of the back is, I think, a little misleading. It makes the dress look like it has raglan sleeves, when they are set in sleeves. Update: Nevermind. That was fixed.


And here is a typical pose for our photo shoots. "She's in my way!" "No, she's blocking me!" "It's my turn!" "MOM!"


No comments:

Ads Inside Post