January 19, 2015

Classic Sweatshirt for Baby


See my full disclosure policy here.

This is the Classic Hooded Sweatshirt from Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop. You can also make the crew neck version, sans hood (obviously). Side note: is it just me, or does anyone else hear Professor Snape responding to Dolores Umbridge when they say "obviously"? 
Anyway, I was going through my patterns and remembered that I had it. I bought it on a Thrifty Thursday about a year ago and then never used it.


I decided to whip one up using some leftover fabric from this bodysuit and these pants. Since I was using leftover fabric, I didn't want to buy anything, so I didn't have any rib knit to use for the cuffs and the band at the bottom. I just used the same fabric. I don't recommend that. It didn't have enough stretch. But hey, it's for the baby. She'll outgrow it in a couple of months anyway.



This is a nice gender neutral pattern, so if you have boys and girls, you can get a lot of use out of it. I didn't really follow the directions-more like glanced at them. Its a pretty quick sew-if you've sewn a knit shirt, this really isn't anything different. It has a pretty loose fit, so keep that in mind.


Here is the fit on my baby. I made her Ready To Wear size, and the fit is generous. It's quite long in the arms and torso, and pretty roomy. I was going to size up so that it would work through spring, but I'm glad I didn't. Also, a bit about the hood. She has a store bought hooded jacket, and I've noticed that the hood is pretty fitted. This one has the hood loose, like a regular hoodie, so I'm going to make sure that she only wears it under supervision. As you can see, the hood goes down over her eyes, so I want to make sure it doesn't end up over her mouth or nose.



Pattern: Classic Sweatshirt
Fabric: Outer-French Terry from fabric.com
Lining-Doodles Knits from JoAnn



No comments:

Ads Inside Post