See my full disclosure policy here.
The french netting was leftover from a tutorial I did for the Ribbon Retreat, where the supplies were provided to me for free.
So I kinda was expecting a boy this time around, since we already had two girls and my husband and I both grew up in families with equal numbers of boys and girls. But. We had another girl, and even though I already have made lots of girlie things, I have to say that I still love making them for this baby.
So this is the Kennedy Rose pattern from snazziedrawers. I pinned it a LONG time ago, but I never bought it. I like to search patterns to see what they look like when other people make them (not the listing photos). I feel like that gives me a better idea of what the pattern actually will look like. But I couldn't ever find any for this one. Then I saw it on sale, and I was having a baby. So I broke down and got it. I'm glad I did-I never would have been able to figure it out myself.
I used a pretty thin satin, because that was what I had, and I think the results would be better using a heavier satin like the pattern calls for. It took me a couple of tries to even figure out what I was supposed to be doing, but the pattern does say that is to be expected. The pictures are really big in the tutorial, which helps you see detail, but it does mean a lot of scrolling. That got a little annoying, as I was trying to hold the flower and scroll on my computer. You could always print, but you'd probably use up a whole ink cartridge. Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't really a problem since I no longer needed to refer to the tutorial.
I've also been using my Big Shot to make lots of felt flowers. I got the Big Shot on Amazon a couple of years ago. You can get the basic machine for around $50, but then you'll also need the dies, which can get expensive. I get them when they're on sale for 50% off at JoAnns. The nice thing about the dies is they don't get dull (unlike a Silhouette blade, which you have to replace). But also unlike a Silhouette, you can't change the size. This is the die I used to make all these headbands (I think anyway, it's been awhile!).