October 14, 2014

Grace Ladies Top and Dress

See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern was free for helping test.

This is the Grace Ladies Top and Dress from new designer Rose and Lee Designs. I was a tester, but rather than sewing the pattern up as designed, I altered it a little to make it maternity-friendly.


It has lots of different option. Because I'm lazy, I'm just going to quote the pattern description. Here you go: 

Grace is a beautiful pattern, designed for knit fabric, with a deep-v yoke that will flatter your shape without showing too much skin. With length options including top, tunic, knee length dress, and petite, average, and tall maxi and 4 sleeve options including sleeveless, short sleeves, 3/4 length sleeves, and long sleeves, this is an extremely versatile pattern you can wear all year!

This pattern is great for any body type and comes in a wide range of sizes from XXS-XL Misses and 1x-5x Plus! 


To make it maternity friendly, I took my bust and waist measurements. Then I used the size indicated by my bust measurement, with one exception. I altered the front piece only (not the back piece) to my pregnancy waist size to give my belly some room. So I ended up making a size M, and blending up to a size XL from a little above the waist down.


I made this near the end of my pregnancy, and it worked great, so I would say this is a pattern, with some simple alterations, that would be great for the whole nine months, and even beyond.
This shirt also works well for postpartum. The loose fit from the larger waist area makes it perfect for skimming over a post-pregnancy tummy.

1 comment:

penny doty said...

I love the pattern and how you were able to just change it for your needs, that just amazes me as I am learning to sew a pattern at age 51...lol GOD bless

Ads Inside Post