September 12, 2014

Town Square Dress and Top

See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern was free for helping test it.

I made a Town Square top for my daughter for back to school. I also made her a dress. Both were part of testing the pattern. The dress is a little lower in the front than the finished pattern, so just keep that in mind. I ended up adding an extra piece at the top to raise the neckline.


It's a really cute design that comes with quite a few options. You can make a dress or top. You can make the top with or without the peplum. You can make the dress or the top with short sleeves or long sleeves. 


And she loves how it twirls! I made her a pair of shorts to wear under it so that she can safely wear it at recess.


It's kind of hard to see in the pictures, but there is a band at the top made of the same striped fabric as the skirt. I really love how all the different pieces of this top/dress allow you to create a completely custom look.


2 comments:

JELLIBEEN said...

I Love the simplicity of the dress, great use of colors,lovely dress, will have to go look at this pattern, am a bit inspired now Thanks for sharing.

Kerry said...

I noticed she wanted to wear this everyday to school when I was visiting and it took some doing to get her to wear her other school clothes.

Ads Inside Post