September 30, 2014

Pattern Parcel #5

See my full disclosure policy here.

Disclosure: I received all the parcel patterns for free in exchange for my review. I also get entered in a drawing for free fabric if you click on the links. I don't get any other compensation for this post.
It's time for another Pattern Parcel! This one is for toddler, girls and tweens! If you haven't seen a Pattern Parcel before, it's a great way to support Indie Designers and also give to classrooms in need. You name the price you pay, and also choose how much of the price goes to the designers and how much goes to donorschoose.org. 
I chose to sew up the Playhouse Dress. The long sleeve version seemed like the perfect choice for fall. Also, I've sewn a Fishsticks Designs pattern before, and liked the results.

And I wasn't disappointed. This is a cute, comfy fall dress. I changed up a couple of minor things from the original pattern, but it's sewn basically as the pattern instructs. I added a bow in the front, and I cut the neckband and wristbands on the bias, mainly because I really like how striped neckbands look when cut on the bias.

When she saw it, my daughter's response was: {Gasp!} "Is that a twirly dress? I want to wear it for the rest of the day!" So she did. Until she got dinner all over it.


 It was a fairly simple sew. The side seams did give me some trouble. With the curved bottom of the bodice, it is kind of finicky. Just make sure you pin and check what you've pinned to make sure everything lines up and lays well.


Also, the pattern does suggest hemming before you do anything else if you're using knits. I've never done that before, and I didn't end up doing that, because I didn't check the finished length (the pattern does give finished measurements), and wanted to be sure it would be long enough. It hits right at the knee, which is exactly where I wanted it.

The patterns included in the bundle are:
Pattern Parcel #5: Choose your own price and support DonorsChoose. Win/win!

Want to purchase? Click the link below:

Pattern Parcel #5: Choose your own price and support DonorsChoose. Win/win
If you pay $28 or more, you automatically get the Bonus Pattern. This time its the Sunki Dress by Figgy's.


Pattern Parcel #5: Choose your own price and support DonorsChoose. Win/win

Check out what these other fantastic bloggers have been sewing!

Parcel #5 Inspiration Tour Schedule:

Friday, September 19 Pienkel || Cookin' and Craftin'

Saturday, September 20 Sew Busy Lizzy || The Life Of A Compulsive Crafter

Sunday, September 21 Keep Calm and Carrion || Felt With Love Designs

Monday, September 22 Radiant Home Studio || Sewing Sober

Tuesday, September 23 Sew Fishsticks || La Pantigana || Amanda Rose

Wednesday,September 24 Shawnta Sews || Sprouting JubeJube || Knot Sew Normal

Thursday, September 25 Make It Perfect || Mimi's Mom || Climbing the Willow

Friday, September 26 Needle and Ted || Our Family Four

Saturday, September 27 Froo & Boo

Sunday, September 28 Stitches by Laura || Vicky Myers creations

Monday, September 29 Cookin' and Craftin' || The Crazy Tailor

Tuesday, September 30 mama says sew || FABulous Home Sewn || The Inspired Wren

Wednesday, October 1 lady and the gents || That's-Sew-Kari || Sewing Sober

Thursday,October 2 Gracious Threads || Blogs Like A Mother || SewsNBows

Friday, October 3 sew chibi || Lulu & Celeste || Made by Sara

4 comments:

Ren said...

Love the combo of fabrics you chose. Very chic look!

sajuki said...

great !
Greetings from Poland :)
Katarzyna


www.sajuki.blogspot.com

Jill Dorsey || Made with Moxie said...

This looks spectacular! I love what you'e done with this pattern. Very classy and gorgeous.

Holli said...

So beautiful, I love what you did with this pattern! Well done!

Ads Inside Post