September 08, 2014

Cosi Swimsuit for the September ShowcaseCosi Swimsuit

See my full disclosure policy here.

Disclousure: I received this pattern at no charge in exchange for my participation in this series. All opinions are my own.

I am exited to be posting today as part of the September Showcase Series over at Frances Suzanne. It's a series that highlights indie designers with fewer than 5 patterns for sale. I'm sharing the Cosi Swimsuit by SewPony Vintage.


I made it with this Hello Kitty fabric from The Fabric Fairy because my daughter loves Hello Kitty. It was my first time making a swimsuit, and I'm so glad I finally did. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I made sure to use a stretch needle and swimsuit elastic, and followed the pattern instructions and it turned out great. It's lasted through the summer really well (much better than her other, store bought suit). 


The instructions were pretty easy to follow. The pattern does jump around some because there are so many options with this suit, but I just made sure to follow the chart at the top that tells you what order to go in for your chosen design, and it worked perfectly. It's so nice to have a swimsuit that fits my tall, skinny girl well. And she loves it! She especially loves the ruffle skirt detail.


I did have a problem with the front turning down the first time she wore it. I stitched the straps in place along the top of the elastic casing and we haven't had that problem since. I also wish there was a guide for measuring the elastic in the legs. It just says to measure on the child, but since this was for her birthday, I didn't. I ended up just cutting the elastic a little shorter than the leg openings on the swimsuit, which worked fine.


I really love this pattern, and I am sure there are lots more Cosi Swimsuits in our future, for all three of my girls!




7 comments:

Suz said...

Gorgeous! I love the hello kitty fabric too:))

Emily said...

Love it!

marnae said...

Terra, this turned out great! My youngest would love the hello kitty:)

nest full of eggs said...

Cute Hello Kitty fabric :)

Frances Suzanne said...

What a fun suit!! And, ohhhhh, so appropriate for a "Hello Kitty" fan :)!

sisforsewing said...

So lovely!
and that Hello Kitty fabric is awesome - truly perfect :)

Jenya @ While she was sleeping said...

Gorgeous! Such sweet fabric :) I made the same view for my daughter, and she calls it her ballerina swimmers :)

Ads Inside Post