September 03, 2014

Back to School Sewing for Girls

See my full disclosure policy here.

Raglan Sleeve shirt and peplum top were free for helping test.

I've been doing a lot of sewing for my girls for back to school. I've been using PDF patterns from several designers to get the looks I  my girls wanted for new school clothes.



I made them several pairs of Skinny Jeans from Peek-a-Boo pattern shop. This is one of my go to patterns. I think it's the only pattern I've ever actually paid full price for, but it gets used all the time. Even my new baby has a pair (although they won't fit her for awhile!) And yes, the pink skinnies are full length pants. Sorry about the weird cropping.




I made some tops to go with the pants. This raglan sleeve tee is from Stitchwerx. I just cut out an extra front and back piece from stretch lace. I just laid the lace on top of the knit, but it would be much easier if you basted them together and treated them like one piece. That lace tended to slip around. Also, the lace puckered a bunch in the dryer on low heat, so I'd recommend air drying.



The peplum top is from Terra's Treasures. I've seen a lot of upcycles done with it, but I used fabric that was in my stash to create this blue and yellow peplum top. I love how it pairs with the yellow skinnies.


No comments:

Ads Inside Post