August 29, 2014

The Offbeat Oxford from Terra's Treasures

See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern was free for helping test.

I tested this pattern for Terra's Treasures, but since I was assigned the long sleeve style, I decided to save it for back to school. It's the Offbeat Oxford. It's constructed like a regular Oxford shirt, with a few unique twists.


I've been trying to use my stash before I buy more fabric, and this was the only fabric I had that was boy appropriate and I had enough of it. It's pretty crazy, but I like the way it turned out.



Both the placket and the pocket have an asymmetrical wave. I also did the cuffs and the inner collar stand in a contrasting fabric.


I used snaps instead of buttons, which was much faster. Not that this shirt was a fast sew. But the details in it really make it look nice when you're done. 


Right now, all Terra's patterns are on sale for Labor Day. Check out her facebook page to get 40% off.

1 comment:

Olga Becker @ Kid Approved said...

What a cool shirt! I like the fabric a lot!

Ads Inside Post