July 05, 2014

Scalloped Princess Dress Blog Tour

See my full disclosure policy here.

Disclosure: I was reimbursed the price of this pattern and given another pattern in exchange for my participation in the Blog Tour. My opinions are my own.


Welcome to my stop on the Scallped Princess Dress Blog Tour! I've been wanting a dress with a scalloped hem for a while now, so this was the perfect opportunity for me to try one out! You can see the other stops along the tour here. Or, if you love the dress, you can buy it here for $2 off during the tour.

This dress comes with lots of different options. I made the v-neck bodice with the princess waist and the scalloped skirt. And, since my daughter is shaped like a model (said her pediatrician at her last visit because she's in the 90th percentile for height and 25th percentile for age) I made a smaller bodice size and a longer length, which ended up being a pretty simple adaptation.

I really liked the way the v-neck and the princess waist worked together.

The skirt is a circle skirt, which makes it nice and full, without being bulky at the top. My little girl loved it. She spent the whole time twirling in the dress.


This pattern does assume some knowledge. There are a couple of areas where it tells you to do something (like make pleats) without going into detail about how to do that. I had no problem, but a beginner might have to look up more information. Also, the bodice was a little finicky (as stated in the pattern). It took some fiddling to get right, and I ended up doing pleats instead of gathers (to match the back), and I love how it turned out.


 More twirling. She calls this her "dancing dress".


I really, really love the scallops on the bottom of the skirt. There is also a scalloped bodice option, which I love. Keep in mind though, with all these options, as well as the full skirt, there are quite a few pages to print. I would recommend you read through the instructions before beginning. You can mix and match the different bodice styles to get the look you want, but that requires piecing together different pattern pieces.


I would recommend this pattern for someone who is willing to put in some time to get a beautiful and versatile dress that you can completely customize for the little girl you're making it for.

Love it? Want it? Get it here! Or enter below for a chance to win!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Snow white. Thank you for the chance to win :)

Ads Inside Post