July 29, 2014

Nerd Alert: DIY Starwars Baby Bodysuits

See my full disclosure policy here.

Just to get this out there: yes, I am a Star Wars fan. And I am having a girl, but who says baby girls can't be Star Wars fans too? This one is going to be!

Using my Silhouette and some free stencils I found online, I made these bodysuits for her. Here is the Darth Vader stencil. And here is the Yoda stencil. The font was also free. You can find it here.



I've found that when cutting freezer paper with the Silhouette, it works best to cut with the shiny side up. That means when you go to iron it on your fabric, everything gets flipped. So make sure to mirror image your font in Silhouette Studio before you cut!


 The Darth Vader shirt says "Who's Your Daddy?" There is a story behind that for my husband and me. We met in physiology lab at the beginning of the winter semester. He had just gotten a (gag) gift of a shirt with a picture of sugar daddy candy on it and it said "Who's Your Daddy?" for Christmas. So his icebreaker was "Isn't this a great shirt?" And I thought "Poor awkward guy." So no, it wasn't love at first sight. But he did wear that shirt at the birth of our first child. He doesn't have it anymore, but now our little girl can have one that's (sort of) just like Daddy.


The other bodysuit was newborn size, so I had to make the words pretty dang small. But it says "Judge me by my size do you?"


And just in case the pink lettering isn't enough for people to realize she's a girl, I made a pink and black headband to match.

2 comments:

Maegen Karen Foster said...

Cute! I love nerdy baby things! I think I need to make that Yoda one for my little guy. I hope you'll link these up to our CraftingCon linky! (Down at the bottom of the post) -Maegen
http://maeandk.com/craftingcon-join-dark-side/

Crystal said...

I remember that story! So fun that baby girl gets to start out life as a nerd (the best kind of person to be in my opinion). I love seeing all of your creative ideas.

Ads Inside Post