June 11, 2014

Stitchwerx Designs Blog Tour: Ainsley and Aiden Baby Suite I

See my full disclosure policy here.

Disclosure: I helped with the pretest for some of these patterns, so I received them all at no cost to me. 

Today I am sharing some clothes for baby I made with the new Ainsley and Aiden Baby Suite I from Stitchwerx Designs. It includes a bodysuit and gown, two styles of a knit baby hat, some comfy knit pants, and some cute woven pants with pockets. The patterns go from size preemie to 12 months. You can read more about it here.  Make sure you check out the bottom of the post, where you can enter to win the whole set, plus some other great prizes!


First up is the bodysuit. This comes in either a short or long sleeve version. From the front, it looks like a regular bodysuit, but look again (ha, I sound like David Copperfield or something.)


On the back I added some ruffles, just so that everyone will know that the baby wearing this is a girl.


The pattern doesn't give instructions, but the ruffles were a pretty easy add. I just cut a few strips of yellow knit, gathered them, and stitched them to the back piece of the bodysuit before doing anything else.


Then there's the newborn gown. Like the bodysuit, you can make it with either short or long sleeves. There is also a little mitt piece that you can add so that baby doesn't scratch him or herself with those sharp baby fingernails.


And here are the Comfy Caterpillar Pants. I really like these pants for two reasons. One, they don't have elastic at the waist, so they are a super-quick sew. Two, they don't have elastic at the waist so they should be pretty comfy for baby.



Here are the pants with the hat. Yes, the hat looks like it's size 50 Giant, but don't worry. It's a slouchy hat, so it should fit baby just fine.


Update: Here are the places I got my fabric

Bodysuit
Blue Polka-Dot knit: picked it up on vacation at a local fabric store
Yellow knit: fabric.com

Newborn Gown
Mint Chevron knit: girlcharlee.com

Pants and Hat
Blue and white Chevron Knit: Riley Blake, left over from here.
White knit with hearts: JoAnn's Doodles line (they go on sale for 50% off every so often, so keep an eye on them)


Do you want a chance to win? Enter with Rafflecopter below. Or you can buy them now through June 20 at the special release bundle price of $18.75

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Blog Tour Schedule

Wednesday June 11








Thursday, June 12



Friday, June 13

  


Monday, June 16




Tuesday June 17





6 comments:

kim demarsh said...

Thanks so much for being on my Blog Tour! I love the ruffles on the bodysuit! Too cute!
-kim

JessiBerry said...

Ruffles! So cute!!

rebekahsews said...

Those ruffles are too sweet!!

Ula P said...

Super cute! I love the ruffles you added, although I have to say my baby girl would be wearing a pink dress with ruffles and a girly hat and people would still ask if she was a boy. Hah! I decided they were colour blind and had bad eyesight. :-P

jacq said...

LOVE your fabric choices....where did you find such great knits?

Terra Sews said...

Ula-so true! One of my older girls was wearing a red outfit with pink trim, but she had a big pink bow in her hair, so I thought we'd be okay, but someone still thought she was a boy.

Jacq-I'm updating the post with fabric information.

Ads Inside Post