June 06, 2014

Pattern Parcel #3: The Staple Dress

See my full disclosure policy here.
Disclosure: I received all these patterns for free in exchange for my review. My opinions are my own.
Pattern Parcel #3

It's time for Pattern Parcel #3, and I'm excited to share what I made with you. It includes lots of fun patterns, and I'm excited to try them all out. I really love that it comes with a swimsuit. Perfect for summer! I totally would have made it if I didn't have a baby belly.

Since I do, I chose to go with the Staple Dress. It's loose fitting enough that I thought it would be forgiving. Plus, I really loved the high/low option.


The instructions call for a shirred waist, and I decided to cut along the shirring line (plus seam allowances) to make it out of two different fabrics.


It's a simple sew, and the instructions are easy to follow. It includes some nice finishes, like french seams.  Even if you don't have a serger, you'll end up with nice, finished seams on the inside.


Since it has the nice, drapey fit, its perfect for the summer. And I made it in the same size I'd make it normally, so I'm hoping to get more wear out of it, even when I don't have the baby bump!


Do you want your own copies of these patterns? It's the same as last time-you name your price! And you can also support classrooms in need with your purchase. Here's more about it:

Bonus Pattern:
Choose a price of $28 or greater for Parcel #3 and you will automatically also be sent the Bonus Pattern! The Bonus Pattern for this Parcel is Prefontaine Shorts for Women by Made with Moxie. This shorts pattern has a retro trim, loads of pockets, two inseams and are so comfortable you won't want to take them off. Includes sizes 0 - 24. Exclusive launch on Pattern Parcel. Be the first to own this pattern!

About Pattern Parcel:
Here at Perfect Pattern Parcel, we believe in supporting independent pattern designers. It’s our opinion that indie patterns are just, well, better than big box patterns, and we’re pretty sure our customers think so too. So, we allow customers to show their support in naming their own price for each Parcel.  We also encourage customers to allocate part of their Parcel price to the charity Donorschoose.org in order to help classrooms in need. Pattern Parcel donates all profits after expenses from Parcel sales to the charity as well. Together we've raised almost $4,500 towards eliminating educational inequality.

Sound good? Here's where to purchase:

Buy Pattern Parcel #3


Want more inspiration? Here's the tour schedule!

Parcel #3 Inspiration Tour Schedule:

Friday, May 30 Sew Busy Lizzy || Pienkel || SeamstressErin

Saturday, May 31 Design By Lindsay || the Brodrick design studio || Cookin' and Craftin'

Sunday, June 1 Diary of a Chainstitcher || a happy stitch || Disaster in a Dress || sew Amy sew

Monday, June 2 Idle Fancy || Casa Crafty || Kadiddlehopper || Dandelion Drift

Tuesday, June 3 Our Family Four || Casa Crafty || Cookin' and Craftin' || a happy stitch

Wednesday, June 4 Lexi Made || The Quirky Peach || Stitched || a happy stitch || Casa Crafty ||

Thursday, June 5 verypurpleperson || Casa Crafty || sew a straight line || Sewbon

Friday, June 6 Shawnta Sews || Mama says sew || a happy stitch || Cookin' and Craftin'

Saturday, June 7 Casa Crafty || sewninestitches || 'So, Zo... What do you know?'

Sunday, June 8 oonaballoona || A Stitching Odyssey || Sew Charleston

Monday, June 9 Sew Sweetness || True Bias || Ozzy Blackbeard

Tuesday, June 10 Welcome to the Mouse House || Sew Caroline || Adventures in Dressmaking

Wednesday, June 11 Peneloping || YoSaMi || sewVery

Thursday, June 12 la inglesita || La Pantigana || Sanae Ishida

Friday, June 13 Seamster Sewing Patterns || Paunnet

2 comments:

Jill Dorsey || Made with Moxie said...

Terra, I LOVE your Staple dress! The blue fabric paired with the graphic black and white is very lovely. Very nice.

Kerry said...

That looks like a cool outfit for summer.

Ads Inside Post