May 22, 2014

The Perfect Cartwheel Shorts

See my full disclosure policy here.

Patterns were both free in exchange for my help testing.

I tested the Perfect Cartwheel Shorts, a new pattern from Ruby and Jack Patterns. They look a lot like a skirt, but they're really shorts, which make them the perfect combination between girly and functional.


I chose to make them with alternating red and white stripes, so they'd be perfect for the 4th of July. I had to hide them, though, so she won't wear them before then. She loves them!


I paired them with a top made from navy knit that I added the stars to myself. And now my other daughter wants the exact same outfit for the 4th of July.


I've never sewn a Ruby and Jack pattern before. The tutorial would be great for the confident beginner I think. There are lots of pictures (and in the final version of the tutorial, the shorts are rainbow ruffles, so each ruffle is a different color, making it easy to tell what is going on.) The different steps are explained in a lot of detail, so it's kind of like having someone sitting next to you, telling you what to do.



This pattern is part of the Aspiring Designer Challenge at Pattern Revolution. You can go here to enter to win a free copy of the pattern. Or if you can't wait, you can get it for only $5 until May 29th.


Outfit Details

Top Pattern: Rosalie Ruffle Tee from Peek a Boo Patterns
Top Fabric: Girl Charlee knit with DIY printed stars

Shorts Pattern: Perfect Cartwheel Shorts from Ruby and Jack
Shorts Fabric: Knit from Wal-mart 

1 comment:

Chelle said...

This outfit is SEW cute!!! LOVE the shirt!! Thanks for sharing & for the heads up on the opportunity to win a pattern!! If I was your little girl you'd probably have to hide that outfit from me too!!

Ads Inside Post