March 21, 2014

Perfect Pattern Parcel #1-Lady Skater Dress

Parcel 1 Collage










See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern in this post was free. I received all the Pattern Parcel #1 patterns free when I sewed up a pattern to help promote the bundle.

Have you heard about the Perfect Pattern Parcel #1 yet? It is a really cool idea. You get five different patterns from some of your favorite Indie Designers. And part of what you spend on the pattern package goes to benefit children's education. The retail value of all these patterns is $48. But guess how much you pay? Wait for it....

Whatever you want! You can choose to pay the full retail price, or another amount of your choice (the minimum is $10, or you can go all the way up to $200). You can also choose how much of your purchase price goes to support children's education, how much to PPP, and how much goes to the independent pattern designers. Great right?

But I signed up for the last day of the blog tour because I'm a procrastinator like that, so if you want to buy the bundle, get it today because the sale ends at 8PM EST.

I was excited to sew up something for me. I am expecting a little bundle of joy this summer, and none of these are maternity patterns, but I was easily able to adapt one that I hope should last me well into this pregnancy.

I made the Lady Skater Dress by Kitschy Coo. I kept the bodice the same, except I cut the sleeves to be half sleeves and shortened it a couple of inches. I wanted a gathered skirt, so there would be plenty of room for my growing belly. I decided to make it maxi length, so when the skirt gets shorter as my belly grows, it won't be quite so obvious!

 It's hard to see from the pictures, but the bodice is made from white stretch lace over a white knit. I accessorized with a belt, and the dress is good to go. Dresses have always been associated with fancy for me, but really, they are super comfortable, especially when they're made with knit, like this one.

I really love how it turned out! The skirt is really simple to change. If you want one like this, just cut out two rectangles. Mine were about 30 inches wide, and I just used a maxi dress I already had to guesstimate the length. Then just sew the two rectangles right sides together, gather the top of the skirt to fit the bodice, sew them together, and hem the bottom!


Easy peasy Lady Skater maternity style!



a Rafflecopter giveaway

3 comments:

rachael {imagine gnats} said...

it looks fabulous!! thanks so much for sharing about PPP :) XO

Jill Dorsey || Made with Moxie said...

Your adaptations of this pattern are awesome! I loved maxi length dresses when I was pregnant. I also love the stretch lace over the white. I think I'll try that out some time. It's a great way to dress up solid jersey.

Thanks for sewing with us. We appreciate it so much!

EHC said...

You look great! Not pregnant, but I love your adaptation to make it into a maxi and really want to try it for myself. My kids bought me the PPP as an early Mother's Day gift!

Ads Inside Post