February 21, 2014

Violette Fields Threads Flip

See my full disclosure policy here.

This month over at Frances Suzanne, I participated in the Flip this Pattern Series. The pattern was from Violette Field Threads (I love their patterns-so beautiful!!). Anyway, the voting is now up, and I'd love it if you head over and vote for your favorite. (Unless your favorite isn't the ruffled jacket and tunic. Then just don't vote. Ha, ha, I'm kidding.)


Anyway, here's what I made for the flip.

I love Violette Fields Threads patterns. They are just so pretty and feminine, so I knew I wanted to flip their pattern. The hard part was deciding what to do with something that was beautiful already. I wanted to flip the pattern while still being true to the design of the original.


So I ended up sewing it twice-once for the jacket and once for the tunic.


The jacket was inspired by several different ruffled jackets I've pinned. I went up a size and cut the entire body of the jacket wider, rather than the A-line in the original pattern. I also rounded the collar and added a ruffle that goes all the way around. I used some fabric scraps to make buttons that would coordinate perfectly. The jacket is fully lined in a coordinating chevron fabric, but it seems that I didn't manage to get a picture of it. Oh, well. It's cute. Trust me. 

The top I didn't change that much from the original pattern. I made the sleeves elbow length and shortened the dress to tunic length. I also rounded the collar so that it would match the collar of the jacket.



 To complete the look, I whipped up a pair of capri length leggings from Stitchwerx designs. I added four rows of ruffles at the bottom to tie them in with the ruffled jacket.



Thank you Emily and Ashley for inviting me to be a part of such a fun series!


1 comment:

JELLIBEEN said...

Oh how gorgeous is the coat, i am a big fan of the blue fabric and ruffles always brings out the child in me, great job!

Ads Inside Post