February 10, 2014

Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

See my full disclosure policy here.

I thought in honor of Valentine's Day, I'd share some chocolate recipes. Because, as we all know, you can't have Valentine's Day without chocolate.

These are some super simple cookies that will give you a chocolate fix fast. I really like the mix of chocolate and mint.


And yes, those are candy canes. I originally made them at Christmas, but I'm just now getting around to sharing them.




Here's the recipe.

1 chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup shortening
Starlight mints, crushed (I used about 18)

Mix together the cake mix, eggs and shortening. Stir in crushed mints. The more you use, the more minty your cookies will be. Roll into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Ads Inside Post