January 09, 2014

Metropolitan Pants from Terra's Treasures

See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern was free because I helped test.

I haven't posted for a little while. I've been busy getting back into the grove after a long winter break. I've got lots of projects to share now that life is a little less crazy. I made some presents for my children, and I'm excited to share them.


 Today though, I'm sharing a pattern. These are the Metropolitan Pants from Terra's Treasures.

I had some fabric all picked out, and then at the last second, I scrapped it (not literally though) and chose a chevron fabric. That is a tricky pattern to match. I cut out the front pockets about three different times.

But I finally got it to match. I couldn't match the inside seams though. I don't know if there is even a way to match both the outside and inside leg seams. And I didn't even try in the front. If any one has tips, let me know.

As far as the pattern goes, it was a pretty quick sew. I really like the way it has you do the welt pockets. I always have a problem getting them to lie flat, and this tutorial had a step that every other tutorial I've seen leaves out. It helped get them to lie nice and flat.


I'm also sharing a tutorial for this bag over at the Ribbon Retreat blog. Right now they have the Bag Lady Series going on, so check it out if you are looking for a fun new bag tutorial.

1 comment:

Crystelle Boutique said...

I saw your messenger bag at the Ribbon Retreat! WOW! It is so super adorable!! Great pattern....!!!
hugs x, Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Ads Inside Post