December 04, 2013

Stitchwerx Designs Leggings and Raglan Top

I've tested several patterns lately for designers getting holiday lines ready, so for the rest of this week, I'll be sharing them.


I've never sewn one of these patterns before. They have a lot of information. If you're new to sewing with knits, these would be a good place to start. Raglan tees especially are really simple to put together. A raglan sleeve tee was actually the first top pattern I ever sewed. Ever. As in, I did a knit top right after I sewed up a pair of pajama pants.

Anyway, these patterns, in addition to being simple to sew up, also include detailed instructions. She includes a whole section on sewing with knits, and even points you in the direction of good places to shop for knits online. Talk about attention to detail.

There are about a gazillion options with the top and leggings. There are several different sleeve lengths, top or tunic length, pockets or no pockets, and cuffs or no cuffs for the top. For the leggings, there are multiple lengths, and the cute ruffles at the bottom are optional.

I would just like to talk about the pockets for a minute. I originally planned to make them purple, but when I sewed them to the lining, I forgot the thread was cream, so it looked pretty out of place on the purple fabric. So I just flipped them so the striped fabric (which I had intended to be the lining) showed. And look at how perfectly the strips line up with the stripes on the shirt. I couldn't have done that if I tried. 

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Love these leggins & those stripe matchings! Absolutely PERFECT!!!