December 02, 2013

Christmas Felt Tags

See my full disclosure policy here.

Merry Christmas! I am excited for the holidays to start. Here is a quick project that you can use in a whole bunch of different ways.

These are little felt medallions. I used a combination of felt shapes and embroidery to create them.

 You can use them to make bookmarks, which would be a fun addition if you're gifting a book.

They also make fun hair accessories. You can attach them to a clip or skinny elastic for a headband like I did here.

They would also be fun attached to a tag for gifts or a fun little something extra in a Christmas card.

They are pretty simple to put together. Here's how.

First, cut out your shapes. I have a die cut machine that I used to cut out the circles, and everything else I just free-handed.

Add any embroidery you'd like to embellish them. These are the legs of my cardinal.

Then put all your pieces together. I used a glue gun, which worked great. Just be really careful not to get the glue where you don't want it.

To attach to elastic, you'll need your felt circle, a smaller circle, and some skinny elastic.

Glue the elastic on the back.

Then add your felt circle to hide the messiness and to help keep the elastic in place.

And there it is!

These are the ones I made.



1 comment:

Clotee S said...

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
By the way, I'm clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

Regards,
Clotee

Ads Inside Post