December 18, 2013

Bimaa Sweater and an Updated Family Photo

See my full disclosure policy here.

Ever since the Sew Fab pattern bundle sale, I've seen lots of versions of the Bimaa Sweater from Lou Bee Clothing. I hadn't ever seen this sweater or heard of Lou Bee Clothing, but this sweater actually ended up being one of the reasons I decided to buy the bundle. I really fell in love with the design.


I made two versions-the cowl neck and the shawl collar. I made both using a total of two yards of fabric, which is less than what is called for in the pattern. 

The instructions were simple to understand, and it was a pretty quick sew. I made both shirts in an evening, when my husband was working late. He got home and wondered where I got the new shirts for the girls. Ha! 

The fabric is from Girl Charlee. They have some really cute knits, and their prices are low. If you order from them, make sure you pay attention to the fabric weight and fiber content. I've run into some that are semi-sheer, which wasn't what I wanted. I've contacted customer service a couple of times with questions, and they've gotten back to me by the next day, so if in doubt, ask. I have heard some negative things about the quality of their product in a PDF pattern group I'm in, but I haven't ever had a problem with them.

Anyway, I do love this print, and it was a nice weight for this sweater. I love how they look on my girls.

And just as a side note, does anyone have any idea what this is? It comes from some kind of tree, but that's about all I know. She loved it though. It went with her through the entire photoshoot.

We were in dire need of an updated family photo. We just moved, so I didn't really know anyone to take it for us, and it was getting cold, so we were running out of time to take them outside. This is just a tripod, my point and shoot, and the timer. It's not perfect, but good enough for free (and this year's Christmas cards!).

No comments:

Ads Inside Post