November 25, 2013

Selfish Sewing With the Rose T-Shirt

See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern was free for helping test.

A little while ago, I tested for Melissa from Blank Slate Patterns. She released the Rose T-Shirt awhile ago, but she made a few changes, including having it go up to size XL.

I really love this shirt. It has the perfect fit, for me anyway. It's loose enough to camouflage the mommy tummy that I got courtesy of this girl (and her siblings)...but still slim enough to be flattering.

It has a yoke that has been done in a contrast fabric in every other version of this t-shirt that I've seen. I decided to use the same fabric, mostly because I couldn't find a fabric in my stash that I liked to go with the fabric I picked. You can't really see in the pictures, but it's a cream knit, with narrow darker cream strips.

Another thing I love about this pattern is the length of the shirt. It has two cutting lines, so if you have a long torso (like I do) you don't have to try to figure out how to lengthen it-Melissa has done the work for you. The sleeves are also long so that you can get the perfect length. Or you can make them short or elbow length, or skip them completely.

One thing I'd like to note is that the sleeves are a little wide at the wrists. I like to be able to push my sleeves up when I'm cooking, and these sleeves always fall back down. If you want to have them out of the way, you have to not be lazy and roll them up. But I don't think a slim fitting sleeve would work with the look of the shirt, so really I just need to get over being lazy.

No comments:

Ads Inside Post