October 15, 2013

Jackie Dress Flip

See my full disclosure policy here.


I love clothes for children. They are just so pretty. There are some fashions that look absolutely adorable on my girls that would look atrocious on me. Which is probably why I sew for them so much more than I sew for myself. I admit it. My kids are way better dressed than I am.

Anyway, a little while ago, I pinned this dress. {I'm linking to the pin because the dress isn't on the website anymore. You can still follow the link from the pin to the main website, which has some great children's clothing.} I love the scallops going down the front and the two matching buttons.

And I thought the Jackie dress from Peek-a-Boo Patterns would be a perfect pattern to use to create this dress myself.

So I took off the collar, changed the cap sleeve to a lined short-sleeve, ditched the piping in favor of scallops and used an invisible zipper instead of the exposed zipper. So yeah, I basically changed everything except for the pieced front bodice pieces, and the buttons at the top. 


Another disclaimer: The fabric I used for this dress is the wrinkliest fabric. Ever. I promise it was perfectly pressed before I strapped her in the car seat. Note to self: Take pictures somewhere within walking distance next time.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

How adorable! I LOVE that pattern this way! The color of your "wrinkle'y fabric is VERY complimenting to your Beauty's skin tone!! Lovely "flip"!
kweenbee_612@yahoo.com

Kerry said...

I love the scallops. They give it such a vintage look.

Ads Inside Post