October 08, 2013

Blank Slate Patterns Fall Tour

See my full disclosure policy here.

The skirt and dress pattern I received free for helping test. The tee x 3 pattern was free for participating in this tour.

See my full disclosure policy here.

I am excited to share with you a few of the patterns from Blank Slate Patterns as part of the fall tour. I have sewn up a lot of patterns from Blank Slate, and I really love them.

For the tour, I'm sharing the Pristine Swing Dress, the Tee Times Three, and the Schoolday Skirt. 

First, let me just say that I love the Schoolday Skirt. It is hands down my favorite Blank Slate pattern, and it is definitely one of my all-time favorite patterns. I love the pleats, I love the oversized buttons, I love the way it looks with knee socks, I just love this skirt. If you only get one Blank Slate pattern ever, get this one. Unless you have only a boy to sew for. Then maybe you should get something else.

Like the Tee Times Three. I sewed it up with the peter pan collar, but, as the name implies, there are three different options. Instead of the peter pan collar, you can make it with the traditional ribbed neckline, or add a hood. Like most Blank Slate patterns, it is customize-able. You can also add a kangaroo pocket, and make it short or long sleeved. I didn't really like the way the binding sits on the outside of the collar, so I changed it so that the binding wouldn't show.

For Bella, I sewed a Pristine Swing Dress. I've sewn one for her before (see it here), but this time, I used woven fabric for the entire dress. Again, there are lots of options with this dress. You can make it dress or tunic length, and the sleeves come in three different lengths. I added some trim at the ends of the sleeves, to match the contrast at the yoke and pockets. This one can be tricky to sew. You have to really pay attention to the seam allowances around the yoke to make sure that everything lines up correctly.

And here are my girls in their new fall looks.

They had so much fun playing around in them!

 Here they are playing ring-around-the-roses.

Don't you love the way the Schoolday Skirt twirls? Yep, me too.

Since October is Breast Cancer awareness month and Melissa lost her maternal grandmother to the disease years ago, she is donating 50% of her profits this week to the Komen Foundation. So head on over and check out Blank Slate Patterns!


Blank Slate Patterns - PDF Sewing Patterns for Kids and Women

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So well done, Terra, and I think that t-shirt is my favorite Peter Pan version I've seen - great colors!

Ads Inside Post