September 12, 2013

Sweet Dreams PJs

See my full disclosure policy here.

We are planning a camping trip and as I was starting to get ready, I realized that my daughter only has summer PJs. Since it's starting to get cold at night, I decided to get started a little early on her winter PJs.


I used the Sweet Dreams Button-Up PJs from Peek-a-Boo pattern shop. I actually purchased this pattern last year and never got around to using it before the weather warmed up.


I love the details on this pattern. It uses a lot of piping, which is optional, but I think the piping makes the pajamas. A recommendation: get it at JoAnns when it's on sale or use a coupon. I got some for a dollar a pack with a couple of 50% off coupons.

The flannel also came from JoAnns. I got it when it was on sale for something crazy like 60% off, and I think I also had a coupon for a percentage off my total purchase, which ended up making it something like $2/yard. So yes, there will most likely be more of these in the works this year, as I have a LOT of flannel. This is definitely not a quick sew, so if you need something fast, go with the Alex and Anna PJs. But these are freaking adorable, and I think worth the time they took to make.

Speaking of freaking adorable...


Here is some of that piping detail. So I showed these to my husband, expecting something along the lines of "Wow, those are great. You are an amazing seamstress." Well, I did get a "those are great" from him, but the reason he loved them? They say Daddy on them.


1 comment:

Kerry said...

Looks very cozy for camping! And yes she is adorable.

Ads Inside Post