September 26, 2013

Mad For Plaid

See my full disclosure policy here.

So it's Project Run and Play time again, and I love watching what goes on over there. Usually I sew up something along with the weekly themes at least once during a season. This week the theme is Mad For Plaid, and since I had this plaid knit, I thought this would be a good week to sew along.



I wanted the shirt to have a slim fit, so I decided to adapt a pajama top. I used the winter pjs pattern from Peek-a-Boo pattern shop.

I thought I'd switch it up a little and added the stripe fabric for the sleeves. I also used the same fabric to add a pocket. That pocket gave me some trouble. I just cut it out freehand and forgot to add the seam allowances. So after I had sewn it on, it looked all out of proportion. But then when I tried to take it off, I wasn't careful enough and made a small hole in the shirt fabric. Ahh, the frustration! But it worked out in the end. I got the pocket proportions the way I wanted them and placed the pocket over the hole, so we're good.



4 comments:

Olga Becker @ Kid Approved said...

The pocket looks great, a happy mistake. :) Love the shirt!

Jane Skoch said...

I love the mixture of plaid and stripes. So cute!

Zafarani said...

Love that it's knit! And the combo is perfect!

Simple Simon and Company said...

Plaid knit!!! That is just plain awesomeness!!!!

Ads Inside Post